Monday, March 3, 2008

Pancakes

I usually just make pancakes with a mix and add water.  I decided to make homemade ones a few weeks ago and they were great.  Growing up we always had homemade but I've gotten lazy and I'm not a morning person so the mix worked for me.  Anyway, what I'm trying to say is you should try homemade pancakes.  They are easy and taste better than a mix.
Ingredients

1 large egg
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

1. Beat egg in medium bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. For thinner pancakes, stir in additional 1-2 tbsp. milk.

2. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375 degrees. Grease griddle with butter if necessary.

3. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter from cup or pitcher onto hot griddle. Cook pancake until bubbly on top, puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I made these this morning & they are yummy! I haven't found a pancake mix that I love, so I always make them from scratch as well. Sometimes I'll mix up double or triple the amount of the dry ingredients and store them in plastic baggies so that I have "mix" on hand. Saves steps if you're in a rush :)