Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Orange Cream Cookies

Hands down, these are some of the BEST cookies ever!!! I first saw a recipe for them on a blog and they were called Orange Cream Cookies. A week or so later I saw a little recipe in front of the chocolate chips called White Chip Orange Cookies. They were essentially the same cookie but one used a mix and the other was from scratch. Both delish and they are now one of my top favorite cookies.
White Chip Orange Cookies

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

(I added food coloring to this one to make them slightly orange. 2 drops of red, 5 drops of yellow)



Orange Cream Cookies

1 pouch (1 lb 1/5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon orange extract
zest of 1 orange
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
5 drops yellow food color
2 drops red food color
1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir all ingredients except baking chips until soft dough forms. Stir in baking chips.

On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough with 1 1/2 tablespoon-size cookie scoop or by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 9 to 10 minutes or just until dough is set (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Mmmmm--very delish! Thanks for the recipe.
I have a request. I need to make more side dishes. I hardly ever make something, I just cut up carrots or apples. So, if you come across any that are good, let me know.
:)