Carrot Cake
I love carrot cake but my husband says he hates it so I never make it. We invited people over to come eat cake for my daughters first birthday and I thought that would be a great time to make it so I had other people to help me eat it. This is a recipe I just have from growing up.Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups shredded carrots
1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup coconut
Beat sugar, oil, and eggs.
Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Beat for 1 minute.
Stir in carrots, coconut, and pineapple
Bake at 350 until the top springs back up when you touch it.
I baked my cake in 3 round pans because I wanted thin layers so I could get more cream cheese frosting to cake ration since I was covering it in fondant. You can really use whatever pans you want though. By the way, I convinced my husband to try some and of course he like it. He just has to mentally get over the fact that there are healthy carrots in it:)

No comments:
Post a Comment