Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wreaths

I understand this is a little after the fact but here are some ideas for next year! I didn't really mean to be absent from this blog for so long but with being gone for Thanksgiving and then all the Christmas festivities, I just kind of got busy and this was the last thing on my list.
This is a really fun and cute ornament wreath. Here's where I got the idea and tutorial. I never did get around to putting a bow on mine. But I think it would look so much better with a nice bow at the top. Next year... Oh, and I did go get a white hook so the black didn't stand out so much. I just took pictures before that:)
The next wreath I made out of the clippings from our Christmas tree. We took home the ones they cut off at the store and I eventually got around to making this nice wreath for our front door. Now if only I knew how to make nice bows. I should probably just buy a bow. Here is a tutorial of how to make your own fresh pine wreath. I guess I should have look at the pictures more closely when I did it. Wear gloves!!! I seriously pricked my finger so many times with wire. I bleed a lot making this wreath.

Lastly, my favorite wreath. And it can stay up for more than one season. When we went to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, I noticed that she had some pine trees in the backyard with tons of little pine cones all over the ground. I knew they needed to be used for something so I gathered up a big bag full and packed them in my suitcase to take home. I was so excited to make this wreath and I think it came out so cool. Love it, love it, love it.
Here is a good tutorial if you want to know how. My form was a lot smaller than the one she used. And I wish I had a nice fame to hang mine in. I don't have very much wall space that doesn't have a window on it so my hanging options are limited.

1 comment:

GordonandChrissy said...

Love that idea! I love how inexpensive it is, and that you can leave it up all year long. Such a cute idea! Yours looks great!

P.S. I am TOTALLY making the ornament wreath next year. That is so festive and cute.