Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quiche

Why don't I make quiche more often?? This was the best dinner! It was so so so yummy. I saw this quiche recipe and used it as my base and then changed it up according to what I had. I had a leftover potato from making these and decided it needed to be used up. So I added it to my quiche. I also had a block of smoked Gouda in the fridge that I thought would be really tasty. I loved the smoky flavor it gave the quiche. It made it taste like it had bacon in it but it didn't. I would have added bacon if I had some cooked up but I wasn't about to cook up bacon just for this.
Broccoli, Potato, Smoked Gouda Quiche



1 pastry shell for 9 inch pie plate
2 cups broccoli, chopped small
1 baked potato, cold and diced
3 eggs
3/4 cup cream
3/4 cup low-fat milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, grated
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated

1. Line 9 inch pie plate with your pre-made crust. (I just use a basic pie crust recipe but you can save time if you want to buy the the pre-made kind at the grocery store.) Trim extra dough up to 1 inch from lip of plate. Fold dough overhang underneath and flute around edge of pie crust. Bake in preheated oven at 400 for 7 minutes. Change oven temp to 375 degrees.

2. Spread broccoli and potato around bottom of pie crust. Beat eggs together then add cream, milk, salt and pepper - stir well to combine. Mix in shredded cheese. Pour over everything in pie dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden and knife inserted into the filling comes out clean. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately.

No comments: