Thursday, October 18, 2007

Apple Crisp

Blood Sweat and Tears went into this.........literally! Actually I didn't really cry and I wasn't really hot and sweaty but I was bleeding like crazy! I decided to use this pampered chef slicer thing we have and right off the bat I sliced TWO of my fingers. One was really bad and wouldn't stop bleeding. Anyway, I finally got the crisp made after dealing with a bleeding finger and a kid pulling at my legs. It wasn't too bad but I kind of didn't follow the directions totally and I should have. So I suggest doing what the recipe says:)
Ingredients:

4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of square pan.

2. Spread apples in pan. Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle over apples.

3. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with fork. Serve warm with cream, whipped cream, or ice cream.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I was totally going to make this for FHE two weeks ago and then wimped out and went for the popscicles instead. I'll have to get around to it again sometime.