Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Banana Bread

This is a simple classic recipe I like from my Betty Crocker cookbook. Steve hates banana bread and won't eat it so I basically have to eat the whole loaf myself or give it away. I usually try to use up bananas before they become banana bread quality but these 3 babies slipped through and went too far so they got mashed and cooked. I'm off now to finish off half the loaf while it is still warm.......YUM-O!
Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 medium)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

1. Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Greats bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.

2. Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Stir in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in flower, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Pour into pan.

3. Bake about 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Wrap tightly to store.

1 comment:

GordonandChrissy said...

Yummm...I love banana bread. I have several bananas in the freezer right now, and I was just thinking today of making some. Yep, you've convinced me. I'll do it tomorrow! P.S. Nice pictures, it looks SO good!!!