Friday, July 13, 2007

Dish Cloths

LOOK WHAT I DID!!
I have always loved homemade dishcloths. They just work better. I knew they couldn't be hard to make but I just didn't know the pattern to make them. When I was home visiting a few months ago, I asked my Grammie how to make them. She wrote out the directions and I have finally gotten around to making one. I am so happy I can make my own now. It is super easy and fast and cheaper than buying $5.00 dish rags. I wish I could teach you how to do it but I think knitting is a hands on thing where I would have to actually show in person. For anyone who knows the basics of knitting, I can tell you how:

Cast on 4 stitches.

Knit 2, yarn over knit across row.

Continue this pattern until you have the desired amount of stitches.

Then to decrease you knit 1, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together, knit across row.

Continue until you have only 4 stitches left and cast off.

Simple and basic.

Comment with any questions.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

You totally rock Katrina. I am taking a knitting class, mainly because I love these dishcloths too and need to learn how to make them. I wish you lived closer so some of that creative goodness could seep into me!! :)

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Again, impressed. I'm not even going there, but that would be a great gift? :)