Monday, July 2, 2007

BROWNIES!!!!

Okay, so I stole this recipe off of Crystal's blog. I think I remember seeing it in the Reader's Digest too but anyway, she posted it first. I have made these twice and they are SO GOOD!!

They are a gooey mess but so delicious! Pure decadence.



1 cup soft butter

2 cups sugar

1/3 cup cocoa

4 eggs

1 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. salt

1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (optional)

1 lb. mini marshmallows (I just put enough to cover the top)


Mix butter, sugar, cocoa. Stir in eggs. Add flour, vanilla, salt & nuts. Pour into greased, 1-inch-deep baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until done. Cover with marshmallows; bake for 3 more minutes. Add frosting. (The first time I put it on a pan (make sure it has tall enough sides- not a cookie sheet) but the second time I just used a glass Pyrex. It didn't seem to make a difference. When I put the frosting on, I spread it around so it mixed with the marshmallows.)


Frosting:

1 2/3 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup butter

1/3 cup cocoa

1/3 cup canned evaporated milk


Mix until smooth. (I used beaters to mix up the frosting. The butter needs to be really soft so you can make the frosting smooth.)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Those are sooo yummy, huh!! I was actually thinking about making them again soon. I think you've just inspired me!

BTW--I'm thinking about taking a sewing class. Did you take a class to learn or did you just figure it out? I'm not sure where some good classes are offered. Any suggestions?

jonandkira said...

I remember reading that recipe in the Reader's Digest and I meant to try it out. It was part of their "100 Best Things" or something like that. I'll have to try this recipe sometime. Unfortunatley we just finished eating a Tres Leches cake (SO not good for you) so it will be awhile before Jon will let me bake another really unhealthy dessert. :)

Steve and Katrina said...

My mom taught us when we were little. Just basic stuff. In high school there was a class called Fiber and Fabric and I made a quilt in that. I just kind of learn as I go. I want to take a class to learn how to use my machine because I think i could sew a lot better if I knew the full potential of my machine. I have seen at Hancock Fabrics they have basic sewing classes. I think JoAnns might also. I would just try any fabric store and ask them.

I think you should start sewing. It is super fun and a good use of time when you are home with the kiddo. I also sew after Chandler goes to bed. That is probably when I get the most done.

Crystal said...

I saw that Joann's offered a sewing class (that's what made me think about it) but I didn't know if it would be super lame. I just signed up for a knitting class there so if it's good I'll take the sewing class. (the sewing class isn't till August & I need something RIGHT NOW to keep me occupied :)