Zuppa Toscana
I have been wanting to make this soup forever and I finally got around to it. It was so so so so good. I loved it! I kind of changed the recipe amounts to what I had on hand but I went off of this recipe and this one.Ingredients
1 lb. sausage
1 onion
5 slices of bacon
5 cups kale
4-5 potatoes (mine were smaller ones)
1 cup cream
6 cups chicken broth (about)
Cook sausage and onion in pan and drain fat. Crisp bacon and set aside. Chop potatoes into 1 in cubes. (I like to leave skins on but whatever you like.) Put cooked sausage and onion and potatoes in big pot. Pour in chicken broth and bring to boil. While that is cooking, wash kale and chop up. (I really have no clue how much kale to use. When I buy it I just fill the produce bag mostly full. It's very fluffy and light so it barely costs anything. Anyway, I love a lot of kale in mine so whatever you like.) After broth starts to boil and potatoes start to soften, add in kale. It actually takes a while for the kale to cook enough. Let soup simmer until potatoes and kale are both done. At the end, add in cream and heat through.

3 comments:
Now you know why it's been Jethro's favorite food since he was three!! :)
I will have to try this. I think they make this at the Olive Garden and it is so yummy.
Hey, send me a pic of the bow holder if you get a chance or better yet, bring it Saturday. Thanks for playing today!
I've been wanting to try a recipe for this since the first time I tasted it! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment