Friday, November 5, 2010

"Mummy" stromboli

So this is a really ugly picture but I wanted to share another cute Halloween idea that you can remember for next year:) I made this for dinner Halloween night. I didn't start soon enough and then trick-or-treaters started coming to the door and then I was rushed and didn't do the greatest job. Anyway, here is a link to get a better idea.

Ingredients


Pizza dough
Cheese
Pepperoni
Ham
Olives
whatever other things you like for filling

You can use homemade pizza dough or store bought. I like to buy a ball of dough that is sold near the deli at my grocery store.

Roll out dough into a rectangle. Probably 15x7 or something around that. Put your filling down the middle. I've done ham slices, cheese slices, and spinach- pepperoni and shredded mozzarella- shredded chicken with BBQ sauce mixed in, cilantro, and shredded mozzarella- ham, pineapple, and cheese. Those are just some ideas. You don't want to really put sauce in because it will be soggy and leak out.

After you have yoru filling down the middle, cut 1-2 inch width slits all the way down both long sides. Then start folding the strips in and crossing them with each other. At the top fold down the top dough and leave an opening for the face. Put olives on face for eyes.

Put on cookie sheet and bake at 400 until cheese bubbles and dough slightly browns. About 15-20 minutes.

Cut into slices and dip in pizza sauce or whatever you like.

I make this all the time but just without the eyes so it doesn't have to be just for Halloween.

No comments: