Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thai Chicken Wraps

Another recipe from my MIL. This is one she sent in an email and honestly I just kind of ignored it. Then she came to visit and asked if I had ever made it and she promised it was really really good and made these for dinner for us. She was right, they are delish. I've made them tons of times since and they are still fantastic. (sorry about the horrible photos, bad lighting and normal camera lens is broken so I only have my zoom)

Ingredients

6-8 wraps

½ tsp garlic salt

½ tsp pepper

3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips

1 TBSP cooking oil

4 cups broccoli slaw mix (about a bag and a half)

1 medium red onion

1 tsp grated fresh ginger

Peanut sauce
¼ cup sugar

¼ cup creamy peanut butter

3 TBSP soy sauce

5 TBSP water

3 TBSP cooking oil

1 or 2 cloves freshly pressed cloves garlic

Season chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper. In large skillet cook chicken in hot oil on medium high for 5-6 minutes until no pink left. Put aside and keep warm.

In same skillet, add broccoli mix, onion and ginger. Cook until crisp tender.

Make peanut sauce while veggies cook. In small saucepan combine sauce ingredients:

Sugar, peanut better, soy sauce, water, cooking oil and garlic. Heat and stir until dissolved (use a whisk to blend)

To Serve:

Serve on warm tortillas, chicken, veggies and about 1 TBSP of sauce. Wrap like a burrito. Can use sour cream if desired.



Notes: I make them without onion. No need for that according to me and my husband. I use the Costco wraps that are raw and you cook them on a griddle. These are great for a hot summer day.

No comments: