How to make baby headbands
I guess I never told you the reason for my long absence on this blog. I've been busy with a new baby. She's 2 months old now so I hope I can get back to posting more regularly. But in the mean time I've been crafting lots of cute girl things. I love having a girl!I thought I would put a little tutorial on how I make baby headbands. I took pictures of all the steps so this is long but I always like having pictures to follow.
1. Buy some tights. I found these at Walmart for $3 and you get 6 headbands out of it. Not bad. You can buy whatever size will work for the child. For a baby stick with the smaller size and remember they do stretch.
2. Cut a leg off the tights. One leg makes one headband. Cut it as close to the crotch as you can.
3. Then cut the seam off the toe of the tights. This just reduces the bulk. Again, cut as close as you can.
4. Then fold in half and pin.
5. Sew as small a seam as you can. Don't forget to back stitch.
6. Then cut the extra fabric as close to the seam as possible.
7. Next you need to cut a piece of coordinating ribbon. A 1 inch ribbon works great and cut it long enough to wrap around the headband. Put a dab of hot glue in the center of it.
8. Scrunch up the headband at the seam.
9. Then put the ribbon on the bottom side of the headband. I like to have the seam at the top so the part touching the baby is more smooth.
10. Trim the ribbon to overlap enough to glue the two ends together.
11. But be careful to not get glue on the underside. You want the ribbon to make a loop.
12. Then you can clip whatever flower or bow you want onto the headband.
13. You're head band is complete. Now try it out on your cute baby and see how they look.
14. To make a flower clip, just buy a fake flower and cut the stem off.
15. Then take off any extra plastic. This makes the layers kind of fall apart so I just go in and put dabs of hot glue in between the layers. Then you just glue an alligator clip on.
16. And you can now clip it onto your headband.
I love that I can have just one headband and tons of bows and flowers to change out to match an outfit.
Hope that was enough info to figure out how to make a headband. Pretty easy but if you have any questions just leave a comment.

5 comments:
I wish I would've thought to do these when Averie was tiny. I wasn't so crafty then as I am now. Those IKEA flowers are perfect for them too.
That dress I made for Ella, I just kinda made it up. I had one that Averie wore that somebody bought, and I thought it would be pretty easy to make. If you want I could do a little how to for ya. It was SUPER easy!
Cortnie
Thanks for the tutorial! I loved it and all the pics! I can't wait to make some. I love your blog!
Those are so cute and so much easier than I thought they would be. You explained it very well, and I understood it much better having pictures. I'm totally a visual person like that. Thanks! I can't use them now, but ... maybe in the future! :)
And no that is NOT an announcement. Just a thought for the future. In a few years or so.
Thank you soooo much for posting this and with pics. I have just recently become a first time mom and a stay at home mom with it. I am really enjoying trying to learn new things
Post a Comment