Chicken Enchiladas
I've been in the mood for enchiladas lately. In the past two weeks I have made two very different versions of them. Here is one I found that sounded interesting but I changed things around a bit. The filling was really good but I wasn't too much of a fan of soggy tortillas from the sauce. Next time I would use corn tortillas and I think they would be way better. And maybe just put a little cheese on top so they aren't so soggy. Anyway, here is my version of the recipe:Ingredients
2 Chicken breasts
1/4 onion, diced really small
butter
1/2 block of cream cheese (4 oz)
1 small can diced green chilies
1/2 pint cream
Salsa verde
cumin
tortillas
cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil chicken and cut up 2-3 chicken breasts. (Can do this the day before and refrigerate).
3. Saute onion in butter. Add cream cheese and 1 small can green chilies. After cream cheese melts, mix in chicken. Add a splash of green salsa (maybe 1/4 cup). Salt and pepper to taste and add a little cumin to taste also.
4. Either spray Pyrex or pour a little salsa on bottom of dish. Drop chicken mixture in tortillas and roll up. Put in pan. Put a little green salsa on top of each tortilla then pour cream on top. Add shredded cheese on top. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
*I wouldn't do the cream again. I did it because I'm trying to follow recipes more precisely but it was just too much liquid. It tasted really great but I just couldn't get over the texture of soggy tortillas. And again, use corn tortillas next time. I think they would have been way better. So my verdict is this is a great recipe, just needs some tweaking for my liking. Feel free to change it however you like.
*Oh and the other enchilada recipe I made before this one I found here. It was really good. Again, I didn't follow it exactly and I for sure only made about half that much. They were so good though and I couldn't stop talking about what a great dinner I made:)

1 comment:
YUM! Enchiladas sound sooo good right now. And I'm discovering that I prefer corn tortillas in almost everything these days!
So did you like the Fiesta chicken & spinich ones better?
Post a Comment