Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Carrots

This is just a really yummy way to cook carrots. My sister told me about it so I decided to give it a try. Now this is the only way I like them!
Ingredients

Carrots
Olive oil
Salt

Cut carrots in little spears or rounds. However you like.

Heat up about 1 tbsp. olive oil in a frying pan. Add carrots and stir around for a while. After a few minutes cover with lid. Check on them and give them a stir every once in a while. Cook until desired tenderness. Salt to taste.

I loved carrots this way because some of them would get a little fried from the bottom of the pan and it made them kind of crispy. You also don't loose the nutrients like you do when you boil them. I don't really like crunchy carrots so I always have to cook them longer so this way I can get a softer carrot but still have the nutrients.

No comments: