Dinner Rolls
These rolls are super easy AND super good AND there is no kneading required! Sound like a winner to me. I got the recipe from my MIL. The only thing I hate about these rolls is you can't decide you want them an hour before dinner. You have to plan ahead..........like WAY ahead..........like 3-4 hours ahead that you want to make them- and I'm not a planner like that. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants, last minute, kind of gal. So I don't make these very often. The planning is the only bummer- but it's well worth it. Ingredients
1/4 cup warm water
1 tbsp yeast
1 stick butter
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
4 cups flour
1. Melt butter in large pot and add milk to warm. Let cool to touch.
2. Dissolve yeast in the warm water then add to milk mixture.
3. Add sugar, eggs, and salt. Mix well.
4. Stir in flour and mix until dough pulls away from the pot.
5. Cover and let rise 2-3 hours (the longer the better).
6. Divide dough in half. Roll into circle and cut like a pizza into 12 slices. Roll from large end. Put on greased cookie sheets.
7. Let rise for 1 hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:
I made these, or at least it was a recipe REALLY close to these for Thanksgiving. They were SOOO good. I agree, but I'm also a last minute person, so I hardly ever do rolls.
Post a Comment