Saturday, June 28, 2008

Asian Chicken Salad

I'm back.......I hope! It was really hard to get the motivation to start blogging again. I got out of the habit and now I have had a hard time getting back into the habit of taking pictures of the things I make and then actually posting them. Anyway, I am finally able to cook some and have the energy to cook a little. Here is a really fast dinner I made up the other night. I just used what I could find in the house but I'm sure you could be creative and change up the ingredients.
Ingredients

Lettuce
Carrots- shred them
chicken
mandarin oranges
Bean threads
Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing

Now the amounts totally depend on how many people you are feeding. I'm sure you can figure out how much you need for your family.

Marinate some chicken in the salad dressing for at least a few hours. Then cook it either on the grill or in a frying pan until done. Let rest before cutting.

Fry up the bean threads in hot oil so they puff up and turn white. Place on paper towel.

Chop up your lettuce and assemble on plate with the rest of the ingredients on top. Serve with more dressing.

This was really tasty and easy and nice for a hot summer day. I was thinking the only thing it was missing was some toasted almonds (but I didn't have any and wasn't about to run to the store).

1 comment:

Family Life said...

You really are krafty. I love your bags and backpacks. My girls want to make them for school in the fall so we'll give it a try. Have you ever made a leotard or bought fabric for one? I'm having a hard time finding a print that is really cute. I got your blog off of mu sister-in-laws blog, I hope you don't mind.