Thursday, May 22, 2008

Apologies

I thought I should explain my absence from this blog. We are in the midst of moving, visiting family, buying a house, and my husband starting a new job. I apologize for the infrequent posts and I promise by the end of June I will be back with more recipes and crafts. All my sewing and craft supplies got packed today and tomorrow my kitchen is getting packed. Please forgive me and stay tuned. I hope I don't lose any readers by my absence.

1 comment:

Erin McMilon said...

hello - i found your blog while blurfing and love all the great recipes - i too feel, no wait felt your pain with the choc chip cookie recipe... i think i found the answer... once you move and unpack and settle into your new life try this recipe out! unless you have a lot of mouths to fill and a lot of time i would 1/2 this recipe - i got 36 good cookies out of 1/2! Oh, and i omitted the nuts... good luck! erin

Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets.
?Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown